Gresham (age 7) and I are learning about cheetahs this morning. And personal limitations.
So far he’s written that…
- A cheetah is a mammal.
- Cheetahs live in the savannah.
- Cheetahs live in Africa.
- Cheetahs eat little animals like antelope, hares and baby wildebeest.
- Cheetahs are covered with fur.
- Cheetahs can get up to 45 miles an hour in 2 seconds.
- They can run up to 71 miles per hour.
- It has very good eyesight.
- Oh, and one more thing about how fast it can run. It can get up to 60 miles an hour in 3 seconds.
“I’m a lot slower than a cheetah. But I’m faster than a motor scooter. If a cheetah is on a motor scooter chasing me I’m safe.”
This is important stuff for a little animal to know.