- Jan. 15, 2010 – 9:32 AM CST. CONFIRMED BY COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL CRISIS TEAM: Dan Woolley has been found alive but not yet rescued.
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 10:32 AM CST. TWEET FROM @COMPASSION ACCOUNT: “Our Crisis Management Team has confirmed that Dan Woolley (@webguydan) has been found alive. More to come. #htci #fb”
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 10:50 AM CST. TWEET FROM @abckatesnow ACCOUNT: “Just at hotel Montana. About 2 hours ago they pulled 2 men out alive. One Haitian one American- Dan Woolley of colo springs”
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 10:51 AM CST. TWEET FROM @abckatesnow ACCOUNT: “They have pulled 8 people out alive in last 24 hrs. These 2 guys were in separate elevators. Being in the shaft saved them”
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 10:55 AM CST. TWEET FROM @abckatesnow ACCOUNT: “Dan and the Haitian were speaking English, keeping each other hopeful. When rescuers got to Dan he kept saying “get her done””
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 10:55 AM CST. TWEET FROM @abckatesnow ACCOUNT: “He helped rescuers pull him up with ropes. After they were out the 2 men had an emotional moment where they hugged from cot to cot”
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 11:27 AM CST. CONFIRMED BY COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT TEAM: Dan Woolley has been rescued alive. No word on his condition.
- Jan. 15, 2010 – 3:33 PM CST TWEET FROM @COMPASSION ACCOUNT: “French-speaking video of rescue at Hotel Montana. Dan Woolley @webguydan seen at 1:30 http://bit.ly/7yyYE6“
- Jan. 15, 2010 – COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL CREATES PAGE AT COMPASSION.COM TELLING DAN WOOLLEY STORY
- Jan. 15, 2010 – FRENCH NEWS FOOTAGE RELEASED OF DAN WOOLLEY RESCUE
- Jan. 17, 2010 – 7:15 PM CST – FAMILY OF DAVID HAMES RELEASES STATEMENT
- Jan. 18, 2010 – UNCUT FOOTAGE OF DAN WOOLLEY STORY
- Jan. 19, 2010 – DAN WOOLLEY STORY ON THE TODAY SHOW
My friend and co-worker Dan Woolley of Compassion International‘s internet marketing team was in Haiti along with videographer David Hames collecting footage of Compassion’s ministry when the earthquake struck Port au Prince on January 12th.
Unconfirmed reports are that Dan and David left the Compassion office in Haiti shortly before the first tremors on their way to the Hotel Montana. There are no confirmed reports as to whether the pair were in the hotel when it collapsed during the quake.
There are unconfirmed reports that Dan’s wife Christy has been in contact with the State Department. There are no reports at this time that Dan or Dave have been found. (See updated information at the top of this post.)
Out of respect for the privacy of both the Hames and Woolley families, and in order to prevent the rapid spread of misinformation on-line, I have not posted about Dan’s and David’s “unaccounted for” status earlier. But, I am now following Christy Woolley’s lead in making their situation public in hopes that someone out there, in Haiti or on their way there, will find Dan and David for us.
I do not know anything about David’s family. I do know, however, that Dan and Christy have two boys who know something’s wrong with Dad and must miss him very much. Please pray for the safe return of these two men to their families. And if you are part of rescue efforts in Haiti, or will be, please find our friends.
I’ll update this post as confirmed reports come in.