Thank you for considering me as a speaker for your church service or special event. I’m honored. Choosing the right speaker is not an easy decision, I know. So I’ve created this page to help make that job easier for you.
My Five Promises To You
- Easy: My team and I strive to be the nicest, most low-maintenace folks you’ve ever worked with.
- Responsive: When you fill out my booking request form we’ll reply within 24 hours.
- Promotion: Once your event is on my calendar I’ll promote it through my tour page, Facebook, Twitter and e-mail newsletter.
- Adaptive: I want to understand what you want to accomplish, and then tailor my content and delivery to meet your needs.
- Balanced: I aim to balance depth and humor, encouragement and challenge, scholarship and a conversational style.
I want to meet both your needs and the needs of children living in poverty around the world. If you will allow me to integrate a child sponsorship appeal into my speaking time, Compassion International will underwrite a large portion of my honorarium – you save money and together we save lives. Almost 30,000 children have been sponsored at events I’ve partnered with since 2005.
Popular Biblical Topics
- Worship: In our English bibles the word “worship” is translated from sixteen different Greek and Hebrew words. None of them mean “music” or “singing.”
(key texts: Isaiah 6, John 4:24, Romans 12:1,2)
- Justice: The prophets taught us, and Jesus modeled for us, justice that releases. Justice releases the poor into enough, the outcast into community, the oppressed into freedom, the abused into equality.
(key text: Isaiah 58:1-5)
- Generosity: “Take only your daily bread,” God told the Hebrews wandering in the wilderness. When we obey this command found in both the Old and New Testaments, everyone gets to taste and see that God is good and can be trusted.
(key texts: Exodus 16, Galatians 2:10, 2 Corinthians 8:13-15)
- Kingdom Coming: The first sermon Jesus ever preached was about the kingdom and this message remained the central theme of His earthly teaching. Understanding this kingdom message reveals what we’ve been saved from and saved for.
(key texts: Mark 1:15, Luke 4:14-21)
Other Popular Topics
- Social Media Marketing: Taught as an introductory or intermediate course in how to make use of major social media platforms (blog, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest). For businesses, artists, non-profits and anyone else with a message to spread.
- Story Telling: Fifteen ingredients of persuasive story telling. For speakers, marketers, bloggers and anyone else with a story to tell.
- Christian Business Ethics: In this talk originally created for business students at Texas A&M University, I detail the role corporations have played in international injustice. Three stories demonstrating injustice and solutions – from Asia, Central America and Africa – are creatively supported with photography and video.
- Song Writing: I condense 14 years of professional songwriting experience into a breakout session or half day master class. For writers at all levels. Includes free rewriting checklist and song critique for all attendendees.